Friday, February 6, 2015

A Minor Update on Things

Hey ya'll, just giving a quick status update on things happening. Read on for excitement!



So, first up, ACTA: Star Fleet. If you haven't heard, ADB has basically fired Mongoose and taken over most aspects of its development and running. This includes doing a "version 1.2" update to the core rules which, while fun, needed some tweaking/balancing/clarifications. Currently the revisions are being released to fans for free to playtest and such, and they're up to Revision D so far. It's definitely much better. Another nice thing they've done is actually released some official ship roster cards. I was briefly approached to collaborate with ADB about using mine, but they decided they didn't like the software I used (Adobe InDesign), so they went with another format. The official ones are...functional, though I think they could stand to be a little flashier. Oh well. They work. Anyway, I'm removing my unofficial cards as there's no need for them. Go buy the official ones!

Next, Templar Games stuff. I'm giving a talk on February 20th at the Rochester Hills Production Facility (which is actually a brewery) about my game development experience for the Tech248 group. If you happen to be nearby, come check it out!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tech248-northeast-district-meetup-registration-15091907301 is the event details!

And 40K! The new Necron codex just came out next week, so expect a review of it tomorrow! I love me some undead robots. Now if I could just figure out where my buried army is hidden...

No comments:

Post a Comment